Sunday, March 13, 2011

Soupy Sunday - Carrot Soup with Ginger


1. I am obsessed with my awesome Cuisinart food processor.
2. I love soup.

Taking these important facts into consideration, I recently decided to use my wonderful soup Bible, "400 Soups" that I found on the clearance cart of Borders (I am partial to Barnes & Noble, but I happened to be in Borders one day and there it was...) to make a different soup every Sunday...or at least on as many Sundays as I could.

So far, so good!

Today, as I was garnishing my third Soupy Sunday creation, I decided to document the endeavor. So, I present to you, my Soup #3, Carrot Soup with Ginger!


I forget the location of my first encounter with carrot soup, but I have never forgotten how delicious it was. If only I had known how easy it was to prepare, I would have started making it a long time ago! All it takes is a potato, an onion, a celery stick, lots of carrots, ginger root, some chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, and a pinch of nutmeg. And the entire operation takes less than 40 minutes if you are a proficient chopper or use the food processor to do all the initial chopping!

I added some basil to the garnish just for color. I know a soup garnish is often a presentation of the main ingredients, but not this time. There is, however, some sliced ginger in the garnish, but it wanted to sink into the soup rather quickly so I had to convince it to lay on the basil without drowning that along with it. A little sprinkling of coarsely cracked black pepper and voila! Carrot Soup with Ginger is ready to eat!

Carrot Soup with Ginger: A

1 comment: